Friday, February 27, 2009

Servant Ministry


Shelterwood Beyond.....!  A week of community service with staff, big brothers and residents.  Thank God for good weather and good friends.  Each day we met for prayer and then split up into smaller groups of service.  On Monday, my team of 5 pulled up and cleaned out my elderly neighbors garage.  3 trips to the dumpster, 1 trip to the goodwill and 1 trip to recycling and the task was done.  The joy on the nice lady's face was priceless.  Tuesday we went to a local park and picked up trash.  Strangely enough I found several baseballs and even a new pair of shoes?  Funny what folks throw out.  Wednesday we went to Sanctuary of Hope retreat center in Kansas and laid trails with rakes and wood chips.  Thursday we visited a local church and painted the youth center and decorated Sunday school rooms.  The word Doulos is interpreted as servant and it felt good to take our work and ministry outside the walls of Shelterwood.

Friday was a time of sharing and rest from the week long projects but I had to bail out.  I had plans to take Justin to Warrengsburg, MO to visit Central Missouri University.  Another step in the journey of parenting.  The UCM campus was beautiful with old brick buildings and roughly 11,000 students.  Interesting tidbit: American Idol winner, David Cook, attended UCM. Go figure?  Anyway, Justin plans to transfer in next Fall or Spring.  

Thank you, as always, for serving my ministry through your prayers and financial support.  You are Doulos to me and I deeply appreciate it.  Blessings!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi bro in christ

how are you this is christ das

i need your prayes

my mail rev_christudasu@yahoo.co.in
wait for your greetings

yours in jesus