Friday, August 27, 2010

Back to the Future

Jena and I leave tomorrow morning for a vacation we planned months ago. The timing is fantastic since work has been so crazy but I have paid a hefty price leading up to today. Shelterwood post-summer break will be wrapping up throughout the weekend and by the time I return to work we may be near 55 residents. So what has this week looked like? My role has changed from Case Manager to Resident Director. I am responsible for the 30-35 boys we will have in the lodge as well as responsible for the house staff. We will have 3 house directors who will function like they have in the past. Sort of like house parents. The boys will be equally divided between the 3 house directors for a "case load" or house-within-a-house. The HD's will report directly to me. I will be in regular contact with the parents and will provide leadership and vision for the direction of the boys house. All of the functionality of the case manager will fall on the house directors but I am still responsible for it all getting done. Sort of strange how that works? Each lodge will have one resident director.

It's all still a little nuts around Doulos and probably will be for a while. But for now, I'm off. Got a new book to read and an appointment with some relaxation. It will all be waiting for me when I return.


No comments: