Saturday, September 11, 2010

From Mexico to Shelterwood


Jena and I had a great time during our vacation. I actually celebrated my birthday in Progresso, Mexico this year. I have to admit, I enjoyed being in a place where no one knew who I was on my birthday. We also made some new friends on our trip too. Some great folks from Knoxville, TN who are in ministry, close in age and have shared many similar life experiences. We ended up spending quite a bit of time together relaxing, laughing and sharing stories. That was a blessing. Amazing how God orchestrates those things.

Re-entry into Shelterwood was a slap of reality. With all the changes taking place I walked into a whirlwind but things are progressing. There is still much work to do but it's one step at a time. The model of ministry is completely changing and it's no small task to implement. The new school year is underway and chapel begins next week. I have new musicians to work with and the worship will be great. We have started practicing the kids are excited. New big brothers and sisters, new kids from Branson, new kids from the intake process, and a new vision and paradigm for the Guys House that I am developing and teaching. I have lost track, but I think we have 28 boys and 20-something girls in the program with a staff of approximately 13 in each house and 3 house directors in each house. Plus me. I think I may need another vacation soon?

No comments: