Monday, November 9, 2009

A Week in the Mile-High City

As I sit here updating my weekly blog I am watching the Denver Broncos on Monday Football and reminded of the week I just spent in the Mile High City.  As most of you know, I lived in the Denver area for 10 years and I left friends, family, familiar faces, an empty house and a decade of memories for Kansas City in the summer of 2008.  

So how was it?  Fan-freaking-tastic.  I spent the early part of the week connecting with guy friends, mostly single or newly wed.   That was interesting for a 40 year old vet, but the moments were oh-so-precious.  Animated conversations, lots of laughter, and endless stories.  Sean, Greg, Matt, Nick, Corey, Keith, and Phil.  I also spent time with my daughters Sumer, Savannah and Samantha.  Jena arrived on Thursday via Southwest Airlines and we spent time with my sister Sherrolyn, who recently moved to Colorado from Sacramento.  Jena and I had a chance to visit dear friends, Desi, Amanda, Melissa, Rick, Josh, Bree, Pam, Stephanie and so many more.  The wedding was Saturday evening up in Evergreen, CO.  Absolutely beautiful.  Congratulations to Sean and Julia Brock, November 7, 2009.  

Jena took the 90 minute flight home on Sunday and I made the 9 hour drive.  With miles to kill, I had plenty of opportunity to reflect on all the deep friendships.  It is truly a gift from God and it blows my mind every time.  It's like no time ever elapses.   

I am back in KC.  This week is Beyond at Doulos and tomorrow I leave for a 3 day spiritual retreat.  It's known as the Narrow Road and I will be leading worship.  God is good.  


No comments: