Sunday, September 6, 2009

Festive Fall


Fall is probably my favorite season.  I love the cool weather, watching the boys play local football and the sense of excitement a new school year brings.   It's barely Labor Day but the season is in full swing.  Saturday morning was Corey's first football game and the parents were out in full force wearing the black and red of the Fort Osage Indians.  We have also received a great deal of rain and it makes my short morning drive through the country to Doulos resemble a scene from Ireland.  Speaking of Ireland...this weekend  happens to be the Kansas City Irish Fest in the downtown Crown Center district.  Jena and I attended last night with a few friends. We had an amazing time enjoying the live Irish bands, food and festive atmosphere.  Good times.  In fact, following church this morning I realized just how buys this weekend has been.  Thank goodness for Labor Day and a holiday from work tomorrow.  

Chapel starts up this week at Shelterwood.  I enjoy letting the creative juices flow and the kids love the real youth group feel that comes with our weekly Thursday morning chapel.  This year we have a new team of musicians.  I've lost all but one of my original members but two more have joined.  In case you're wondering, things are coming along nicely with the Shelterwood Field House and I would expect completion by the end of September.  Just in time to start using the gymnasium and weight facilities before the cold weather comes.  

 

No comments: