Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Parent Weekend

Ok, so what about Parent Weekend?  Seems like it was eons ago but it was actually a little more than a week ago.  It was a smashing success.  Sure, we had the usual spots (those of you familiar with Shelterwood know what I mean)....Leadtime testimonies, Take-a-Big-to-breakfast, the Friday Night Talent Show, Parent Groups, The huge meals and clean up duty, Sunday morning chapel and family share time.  We didn't exactly re-invent the wheel but it was still awesome.  I had some encouraging conversations with several parents and the whole experience was authentic.  Two times a year during our parent weekends, I get to see the transformation of lives and the restoration of families up close.  I know....dramatic, but still true.  

I deeply appreciate all of your support.  Jena and I will be reviewing our ministry and support process in the next few months.  If you know of someone who may be interested in following our ministry and possibly supporting financially, please let me know.  I can still be reached balbright@douloscorp.com.  Blessings!


No comments: