Saturday, May 9, 2009

Camp Galilee

I'm sitting here at the computer on a Saturday afternoon blogging and still pretty exhausted from a week of summer camp in Eldorado Springs, MO.  Got home last night and it was an absolute blast!  The house directors did an amazing job organizing camp and my role was simply a team leader.  Had a cabin of about 5 boys and a few other leaders.  During the daytime we  served Camp Galilee with work projects and the rest of the day was filled with camp activities.  My team worked on thinning out trees and brush around the beautiful lake.  Had a chance to work the chain saw and I'm feeling it in my shoulders and forearms.  The afternoons were full of games including a low ropes course, several relay races, egg drop competition, team skit, volleyball and tons more.  I was the leader of Team Blue aka, "TNT--short for Troubled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"  (..and yes...we won the best team name competition).  We also won the entire week-long competition with a first place prize to Cold Stone ice cream for the whole team.  Any surprises, from Brian "Mr. Competitive" Albright???

The evenings included a Club time with some fun songs and worship led by myself and some fantastic messages from our house staff.  The kids and staff had great attitudes and the whole week was a smashing success.  Between the quiet times, worship, games, bon fires and work projects, God was most definitely present and pleased.  Thank you so much for your part in this ministry.  I had several meaningful conversations throughout the week with campers and staff and your faithful support makes trips like Camp Galilee a reality for my ministry.  Blessings.

(more to come later on parents weekend).

No comments: