Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Killer B's to Aunt B


I think the WWE experience carried me through all last week.  I was still buzzing about it on Friday.  Oh well...got to move on I guess.  The weather was nuts--lots of sunshine and basketball, plenty of rain to keep KC green, enough wind to annoy everyone and a snow storm that kept most of us inside all day Saturday.  I think Spring is here but not sure?  

Other exciting news: The Killer B's are performing a live concert at Shelterwood on April 30th.  The Killer B's are a local indie rock band of teens that I recently organized. The show is scheduled during the weekly chapel time at Shelterwood.  One of these days I might grow up but until then I'll just keep watching wrestling with my 12-year old, playing in a band with a group of local high schoolers and working with teens and families at Shelterwood.    

Jena and I, along with Justin, Corey and Kaiden drove to Topeka, KS on Sunday to visit and share with my aunt Bonnie and her church.  It was a real blessing to connect with family.  The weather warmed up from Saturday's snow and the people at River of Life Family Church were amazing.  I had a chance to share about life relationships, connecting with others and the simple commandment from Jesus to "Love God, and love others."  






No comments: