Friday, April 3, 2009

Chapel



I have mentioned it briefly in most of my blogs, but 2 or 3 times a month we have chapel on a Thursday morning from 8:45 to 9:30.  It in the past it has been a pretty tough crowd but God has really blessed us in KC.  One of my many "other duties as assigned" is to run chapel.  I have enjoyed letting the creative juices flow with this responsibility.  Brings me back to my youth pastor days.  I have shared a few times, but most slots have been dished out to others.  Big brothers, Leadtime, Shelterwood and corporate staff, friends and pastors from the community...it's been a mix.  My role is to set up the speakers along with the music and other stuff.  During the process a worship band of residents has been formed, young adults have stepped up and gained experience speaking in front of teen crowds and the community has been pulled in.  We have tackled open questions from the kids, heard amazing personal testimonies and had plenty of fun in the process.  I try not to let things get dull by changing it up.  As noted in my last blog, the Killer B's are coming at the end of the month and next week a former missionary to Africa.  The chapel season is winding down and will cease during the summer semesters before resuming in the fall but God has been good.  We continue to fight for families and relationships at Doulos but not without a good Word and some fresh worship.

No comments: