Friday, August 31, 2012

Birthday Reflections

Yesterday was my birthday and although I am not much for attention, it is perfectly fine to mention it the day after when it's too late to acknowledge.  Of course I had to work at Shelterwood and it seemed like the whole day was filled with meetings.  Ugh.

The highlight of the day was my lunch appointment with Jena at our local Mexican restaurant.  In an attempted surprise, my good friends from work joined us making the  mid-day celebration rich with meaning.  The folks I deeply care about-- Blake, Adam, Tom, and Daniel-- were all present.  Being the sweetheart that she is, Jena orchestrated the whole thing.  And no birthday is complete without wearing a ridiculous sombrero while listening to an off-key serenade from the wait staff.


No comments: