Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sunny Blessings

It has been in the low 60's the past few days in Kansas City with a scent of Spring in the air. On the Shelterwood campus kids can be seen riding long boards, throwing the football and taking the ever-so-popular hackie sack outside too. I was curious as to the weather a year ago so I looked back through my blog archive and on Jan 29th, 2011 I wrote an article about another 60-something degree day. Strange coincidence. The difference; however, is that a year ago, when the temperature hit the low 60's, it created quite a mess with all the snow beginning to melt. This year winter has been rather mild. So why am I rambling on about the weather? Sunshine is a blessing and I don't want to overlook it. Life is always more enjoyable on campus when outside is an option. Many days of winter still lie ahead but today I am thankful.

No comments: