Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Against All Odds

I am blessed to have a wonderful big sister (Sherrolyn) and a solid big brother (Kevin). Last Thursday in Shelterwood chapel, I took an opportunity to share a piece of my life story with the staff and students. The testimony involved the early years of my life with Kevin, Sherrolyn and mom; a young family with no father. As I look back, I can say with confidence that God is Faithful and True. He provides the tools we need to get through difficult seasons and the healing we so desperately need in the stillness and aftermath.

Several years ago, my mother wrote a book telling the story of a young pastors wife overcoming hardship and tragedy beyond imagination. Against All Odds is the story of Linda, Sherrolyn, Kevin and Brian Albright and I felt the timing was right to share with Shelterwood. As I retold the events of the book, you could hear a pin drop in the room when I would pause. The typical, easily distracted group of teenagers were fixed on my every word. It was a true honor to glorify the Lord and bless others by sharing God's Providence. In every circumstance, the Lord is in control. He sustains. He carries through.

I wish I had the space to share more of the story. However, I do offer a few suggestions if you desire to learn more. First of all, the book itself tells the story from my mothers viewpoint. You can hear her struggles and victories in Against All Odds by Linda Mason. Limited copies are still available and can be found on Amazon. Aside from Amazon, I may be able to track one down for you. Second, if you would like to hear from me personally, whether through public appearance or personal visit, please let me know and I would be willing to work through arrangements. If nothing else, be blessed by the knowledge that our God sees and knows all. There is a purpose behind your trial and hope for your healing future.

balbright5280@yahoo.com

No comments: