Monday, October 5, 2009

October breeze

October has arrived, complete with a cool morning breeze, leaves on the ground and the changing color of the trees.  I love it.  The constant reminder from God of the changing seasons and how they parallel our lives.  

I don't have too much news this week.  I started working in the house on Wednesday night.  I even had a chance to play basketball in the gym two nights in a row.  It was a blast running up and down the court with the guys but I was struggling the next morning to make the walk from the lower parking lot up to the lodge.  As much fun as I have acting like a kid, my body reminds me regularly that I am not.  Aside from the basketball, it was refreshing to spend time with the guys talking, laughing and sharing life on their terms and not just between the scheduled hours of 8 and 5.  

Jena and Justin are still buried in college books.  Justin is planning on transferring to Colorado University in January so his days in KC are numbered.  Jena plans to transfer to Central Missouri in Warrensburg either this spring or next fall.  Hopefully next Monday I will telling you all about the football game at Arrowhead Stadium between the Cowboys and Chiefs.  I am still trying to get tickets so we'll see?  


No comments: