Sunday, August 23, 2009

A lazy Sunday

It's Sunday afternoon here in KC and I'm watching a Scooby-Doo marathon with Kaiden.  No, it hasn't been an all day couch-potato thing, I just happened to come across it on the Cartoon Network. Corey (pictured to the right) started Pop Warner football this past week.  Yesterday we attended an all-day scrimmage/jamboree up in Liberty.   It's great to be watching football again.  I toted Justin around and watched practice and games for 6 years and this will be Corey's 4th year.   Jena is busy with college assignments and Justin is buried up in his room somewhere under a stack of books.  Our home is once again, back to boys only.  Lauren left on Friday for GA.  I know I just said in an earlier blog that she was back.  It's complicated.  I can't say that I have any answers but we just keep moving on.

One of my favorite residents, Brian, left the program on Tuesday.  He is starting a new school year and actually lives nearby.  He was also my lead guitarist at the church and it was cool to see him this morning back at New Community Church.  Although back home with his family, the soon-to-be 18 year old, desires to stay at the church and remain on the worship band.   One more Shelterwood relationship that will extend beyond the program.  Love it when that happens.

As expected the new Leadtime class arrived this past week and the kids left Friday and Saturday for Post-Summer Break.  It should be a quiet week back at the Wood this coming week but you never know??  Just wanted to say, again, how much I appreciate the friends and family who follow our ministry and support our work at Doulos.   You make a difference!


No comments: