Sunday, June 14, 2009

Vacation from vacation


Jena and I made it home safely from Savannah.  Like many of you, I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation.  It probably doesn't help that we both got bad colds while away and made the 15 hour straight-through-the-night drive to get home.  It's back to work tomorrow so today (Sunday) is truly a day rest.

Had a great time in Savannah.  Spent several days at the beach on Tybee Island.  I tried to catch high tide with my body board as often as I could.  The 70 degree ocean water is wonderful.  I don't miss the days of numb and blue feet from northern California and the Pacific.  Jena and I had dinner one night at Uncle Bubba's Oyster House.  If you ever watch the Food Network you may have heard of it.  Even had a chance to catch a Savannah Sand Gnats baseball game - Single A minor league.  Nothing like it if you like baseball.  

It's good to be home.  Work tomorrow will probably feel like a drinking from a firehouse but Oh well.  Glad I had a chance to get a way with Jena for a few days.

No comments: