Monday, November 3, 2008

Good Times




God is good.  Ministry happens and lives are changed along the road of everyday life.  This past weekend the road of everyday was just a little sweeter.  Maybe lives weren't changed but I had a great time along the way.  It started Friday night with our Halloween Party.  Jena and I hosted a costume party in our home.  What a blast!  Sharing life...looking ridiculous in our costumes...eating some serious grub!!  

Saturday morning was Doulos Open House out on the new property.  We sent out invitations to local neighbors and friends to come on by and see what we're all about.  We had coffee and donuts and gave tours of the buildings throughout the morning.  We had several guests.  Many of the local folks are retired and they, in return,  told us many stories of "back in the day" when our property was still a YMCA camp.  

Sunday afternoon I had a chance to take my son Corey to the Chiefs/Buccaneers game.  My first trip to Arrowhead Stadium and his first NFL experience.  It was ridiculously loud, raucous, and completely amazing.  The Chiefs lost in Overtime, I lost my voice and Corey will be telling all his friends about it this week in school.