Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I pray that you have a blessed holiday time with your family and friends. Thanksgiving is traditionally a time to reflect on the good things God has provided and I am reminded of the faithful support each of you provide to my ministry at Doulos. You are deeply appreciated! Thanksgiving in the Albright home will be spent with Jena's parents (yes, the in laws). However, my in laws (Jack and Carol) are great folks and it's wonderful to have them with us. Like many of you, for the next 4 days I will be in a constant state of feeling stuffed.

A few notes about Shelterwood: Thanksgiving is usually one of our more populous breaks in regards to residents. With 22 boys in the boys lodge we will gradually dip down to 9 on Thanksgiving Day before gradually filling back up to 22. In other news, we have hired our new Shelterwood Director. In my last blog I mentioned our special guest from Healing For The Nations, Steve and Rujon Morrison. Well, Rujon Morrison was apparently here for an interview, in addition to sharing with staff (unbeknownst to us) and she has accepted the position. Her husband Steve will be on campus still operating Healing For The Nations but will not be on staff. Steve has a heart for filling a role as campus pastor.

No comments: