Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Smackdown

Worldwide Wrestling Entertainment (aka WWE) came to town last night with the weekly television show, Smackdown.  Corey and I attended with our friend, Jeremy and had a great time.  Live from the Sprint Center, it was filled with a lively cross-culture of Kansas City.  Even though I had a fun time hanging out with Corey, I think what I enjoyed most was realizing that my life has a lot less drama than the WWE.  It was a soap opera with spandex, tattoos, and masks.  Folks held up signs and screamed when their favorite wrestler was announced.  Good times.  

A few notes from  Shelterwood:  our marketing team is doing a fantastic job of bringing in new families.  After an intake this morning we are up to 27.  Another family is scheduled for Friday bringing us to 28.  It's a little stressful as the lone Case Manager handling 28 kids but I am thankful that our vision is slowing unfolding.  Next week is our semi-annual Beyond Week.  We are sending one group to El Paso, TX for a Hispanic missions outreach and the rest (including myself) are staying in KC and participating in serve projects with local non-profits organizations.  I am not a team leader (which is a good thing) so I don't have details yet.  The inaugural Shelterwood basketball league wraps up tonight.  The 4th and final week games.  We will resume with a volleyball league in early March following Spring Break.

No comments: