Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Childlike faith

Last Sunday, our pastor reminded us that it takes a child's faith to inherit the Kingdom.  Take, for example, Kaiden enjoying the ice cream in this photo.  There is no doubt of whether or not he enjoyed the cone as evidenced by the chocolate all over his face and  t-shirt.  Not a care in the world as to what others think.  Me, on the other hand, I would be wiping my mouth constantly, carefully licking the sides to minimize dripping  and holding the cone away from my clothes to ensure nothing got on me.  Like many of you, I have plenty of things I can worry about in my life right now but as Jesus said in Matthew, no amount of worry will add a single minute to my life.   Rest easy.  Worry less. Enjoy the ice cream in your life because the Kingdom is not far away.

The Boys Lodge opened last week here at Shelterwood and construction resumed this week on the field house.  We are hopeful the field house (which houses the school) will be complete by the end of August in time for the fall semester.  TSTL is still moving at full speed with the final week of camp going on right now outside my window.  The Leadtime class of big brothers and big sisters are on the home stretch and will be graduating soon with a new class starting in mid-August.  

No comments: